ET Dream Team is going to arrange FETN2 (Formula ET Nations 2) tournament. The exact starting date isn't decided yet, but it will probably start in March 2013.
To be able to arrange the tournament, we need some maps from you.
Requirements for maps:
- mode: Multi-lap (no fake finishes)
- stadium tech map
- validation: 3 laps (no need to validate the maps with 24 laps)
- length: 50 - 70 secs per lap (a flying lap)
- minimal scenery (max 2000 coppers)
- difficulty: quite easy difficulty level (challenge in this competition comes through endurance and consistency)
- checkpoints: maximum distance between checkpoints: 10 seconds, recommended distance around 5 seconds. Each CP has to be respawnable and to the right direction!
- mood: sunrise, day or sunset
- password: maps with pass protection won't be considered
- no cuts and no bugs if possible
- use the tag "FETN2-" in front of the map name. No special signs in the map name (colors allowed).
- upload your maps in the Map Upload Module (at ET Portal). Select FET as league.
- limit of 2 maps from same author (duomaps included)
- blockmixing is allowed as long as it does not produce any graphical problems or driving bugs
- the track is not uploaded anywhere (for example TMX) and not used in any competition
- GPS, Intros & Outros are forbidden
- envmix obviously forbidden
- check the mapping guide: How to map for ET leagues
Deadline for sending maps: 31th of January 2013FETN1
was arranged in 2009 and probably not all of you remember what it was all about. So here are the main rules:
FET (Formula ET) is a multilap competition, similar to Formula 1. Teams register with 2-4 players, and at each match day, 12 teams play together in a 24 laps multilap race, with 2 players of each team. That leads to a 24 players mass endurance race of approximately 25 minutes (24 laps, ~1 minute length). ET provides the servers for that competition at match day. 2 maps are played at each match day.
In divisions you get points dependent on the place you finished the race, and they are added together for a team ranking.
The rules of the previous edition
pretty much apply also in FETN2.
Maps are a big part of the competition, so hopefully we get some good maps from you. Let's arrange a good competition! ET Dream Team also wishes you unbuggy Christmas and a gamingful new year!